What Green IT can do for you?
Businesses are always looking for ways to reduce their overhead expenses. Recently there has been a lot of talk about Green IT and the cost savings associated with it. At first it was a interesting notion, but with recent advancements in technology it can really make a difference not only to energy savings, but in the management of your IT environment. Environmental sustainability and financial sustainability are not mutually exclusive. You can adhere to your company’s green initiatives and simplify the management of your infrastructure.
The truth is, there are an ever increasing number of IT solutions you can implement that will deliver significant savings through a combination of a reduction in energy use, improved workflows & management, and streamlined deployment. Sovran can help you create a Green IT plan by assessing your current environment and corporate initiatives, and then providing you a cohesive plan to implement and deploy the solution.
Some of the additional benefits that can be gained through a Green IT solution are:
- Improvement in sustaining your IT operations and infrastructure
- Lower operating expenses, particularly for electricity
- Reduction or avoidance of capital expenditures
- Alignment with corporate green initiatives that raise customer perception
- Contemporary appeal to current and prospective employees
- Compliance with existing and prospective regulations.